Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Stop and smell the roses


Stop and smell the roses


Our friend John was taking care of Mike's house last week, and he commented that he stopped to smell the fragrant roses on his way in the house.



I know how nature can transport us to a quieter place, and so here is a brief tour of my recent wanderings through the outdoors.





Pink petunias


Pink roses


Peach lily


Orange lily


Golden lily



Lacy yellow


 Mike's fig tree

Solitary coneflower




Iowa black raspberries


Indiana red raspberries



My camera and flowers are a delightful respite from an extremely busy and stressful time at my house.  Between multiple contractors, cleaning up ever-settling tile dust and lots of house showings, Mike and I are fried!  It was a sign of the times that both of us forgot our 4th wedding anniversary last week.  Oops!  

So we are taking a break to breathe and forget about remodeling.  Yesterday and today I got in some great neighborhood walks.  Mike enjoyed steak and beer at Boys Night Out.  I had a great dinner with Melanie and then met up with Mike and Chuck for a few beers on the patio of a local restaurant.  Hanging with friends is a wonderful way to stop and smell the roses!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment