Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Ireland on my mind

OK, Ireland is still on my mind.   A few things caught my fancy...


Hot tea everywhere.  Ah, life is good!  







Great fish and chips didn't really need advertising...


Anything goes...in hairstyles.

A few interesting signs...


Kilkenny sandwich shop


Beer garden and temperance hall???











One way to get the message across.

An egg a day is ok.


Safe home from Kinsale (also in Gaelic)

Going "nose to nose" with a Kilkenny statue




A ship as big as our hotel

Trident Hotel on Kinsale Harbor
The mysterious case of knit hats on Dublin statues.  
       Winter is coming?






And the mere hint that I may have gotten carried away with my camera...



And it's been a busy few days on this side of the pond.  We saw a great Paul Thorn concert on Saturday night as part of the Acoustic Cafe Series.  On Sunday we watched the Colts play the Browns at Lucas Oil Stadium.  Of course it helped that the Colts won, but we had a fantastic time with other Rose-Hulman alums attending the game.  Mike reminded me that I've come a long way from the days when I described football as "a brutal game".  

Last night we saw Seth Meyers from Saturday Night Live perform at the University of Illinois in Champaign. We laughed non-stop for over an hour at his rapid fire jokes ranging from presidential debates to relationship issues.  

Crazy busy times abound in retirement!  And I wouldn't have it any other way!

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment