Sunday, August 23, 2015

The beauty of the West

Wyoming grasslands
Sometimes a change of scenery helps you clear your head and regain perspective.  And a trip out West did just that!

We decided on a driving vacation to visit friends Mel and Cathy in Big Sky, Montana.












I absolutely LOVE the mountains.  Now don't get me wrong.  I love the Midwest where I've lived my whole life.  But there is something about the mountains that simply makes me happy.  I could look at the mountains every single day and never get tired of the scenery.  So here's glimpse of the beauty that surrounded us every day in Colorado, Wyoming and Montana...

Where sky and fields meet


Amazing evening light
Lake in the Tetons


Driving through Wyoming

A beautiful valley in the Tetons
Hiking around Jenny Lake in the Tetons
Grand Teton National Park


Waterfall near Jenny Lake
View from the mountain top in Big Sky, Montana

Pretty in pink

Mel and Cathy have a beautiful home, and the views from their deck are incredible.  Here is a sampling of what we enjoyed:


View from front of house
Across the golf course toward the mountains
Lone Peak


And it was a wonderful relaxing week with Mel, Cathy, Chuck and Melanie.  Lots of stories, laughter, food and drink.  


Mel and Mike



With Chuck and Melanie visiting the first homestead in Big Sky




With Chuck, Mike and Melanie at The Garage in Bozeman, Mt.

With Melanie and Cathy at Beehive Basin Brewery 

Mel, Chuck, Mike and Melanie at the brewery

No words necessary...


Enjoying Thai food in Big Sky

We've been home for one week now, and I still see the mountains in my mind's eye.  And I'm already thinking about how and when to get back there.  And dreaming about how we could live there...

Have a great week!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment