Friday, June 21, 2013

Free-flowing summer

Texas Primroses blooming on the deck

Earlier this week I told a friend that I'm trying to get the hang of
NOT doing chores every day
NOT creating a to do list
and NOT feeling like a bum if I just choose to read a book.

I can't say that I'm really good at this, but I am improving.  I am trying for that free-flowing summer...




Biking on the Monon Trail



One morning this week at breakfast I proposed biking on the Monon Trail.  So we biked 15 miles riding from Broad Ripple to Carmel and back to Broad Ripple.






Lunch at Matt the Miller's




We enjoyed a great lunch outdoors at Matt the Miller's, a neat little restaurant in Carmel.









Alice enjoying the porch




Monday night we enjoyed a great evening with my niece Diane, her husband Andrew and their cute daughter Alice. All of us reveled in a beautiful evening on the porch, especially Alice who loves the outdoors!




Drum machine which Mike repaired




And last night Mike, Chuck and Mel enjoyed a fun band night at our house.  The recent flea market find drum machine was a hit (no pun intended).








Rabbits beware!





And so you don't think I'm a total slug, I erected a little "rabbit prevention" fence for my  squash plants.









Newly found lawn art







Ok, I kind of hate to admit the following...

Learning from Mikie about the "finds" on trash day, I came across this lovely concrete statue on my  neighborhood walk this morning.  Unable to carry it because it weighs about 20 pounds, I hid it behind a fire hydrant so the trash guys wouldn't pick it up.  Later I carted it home in my car.
Embarrassing?  Slightly.  
Exciting at finding a great lawn statue for free? YES!





And there was still time this week to finish one book, start another and take a walk with a friend!

So maybe I am getting the hang of this retirement stuff after all.  It's been a great week and not a lot of chores.  Can't beat it!

Hope you have a great weekend.
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment