Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Fall is in the air

Fall is in the air! And this Fall in particular seems to be a really busy time.  Kind of reminds me of work, of course without the work. It's that feeling of being propelled from one event to another, or in other words, just plain busy.

Here's what Fall looks like in our neck of the woods.

Cross country races.

My nephew, Adam, competed in a state middle school cross country meet.  Despite rain and mud, he finished 11th in a field of about 250 kids.  We are very proud of him!

Man cave.  Note the Starship Enterprise Phone. What can I say?












Continuing work on our house.

Mike's study is still a work in progress, but there is now a table surface we can see after a years of paper.













Football.

We attended a GREAT Colts game on Sunday where they beat the undefeated Seattle Seahawks.  I think I finally understand football mania!  I didn't have much of a voice after this game!

My roadside rescue chair, re-purposed as a planter












Flowers.

Would you expect anything different from my blog?















Roses behind the porch.

Splash of color!

Pansies in my new flower bed









Hibiscus loving the cooler temps
Family.

We enjoyed a great family meal on Saturday evening.  My sister, Angie, and her family and my niece, Diane and her family joined in.  Laughter and the sound of Alice screaming as she chased cats echoed through the house.  Happy sounds!







And I am so glad to have time for the important stuff like taking a friend to the doctor and attending a visitation for another friend's mom.

I hope you are enjoying a great Fall.  Maybe without the busy.

Diane



No comments:

Post a Comment