Wednesday, March 30, 2016

60 is just a number



Celebrating with Guinness
It's approaching fast.  Age 60 is closing in on me. And it sounds SO OLD!

Fortunately Mike is about 5 weeks older than me, and he is my inspiration on staying young after 60!


Mom giving Mike a noogie?  It's a long story!

Antique shopping with Mike is always crazy!

As is grocery shopping with him at Easter...

Another day...another antique mall!

And his new Irish look...


And so my new aspiration for age 60?  
hellraiser.  And I plan to be the best one around! (Thanks to sister Angie for the inspiration).

























So I decided to start getting in the groove BEFORE my 60th...

Girls just gotta have fun.

This kiss!

Enjoying St. Patrick's Day with a few hundred close friends.


Storm Troopers.  Protectors of the aged!

Of course there can be the down side to turning 60.  I may be the new poster child for the commercial "Help.  I've fallen and I can't get up."  Last week I got out of the car with my hands full of stuff.  My shoe lodged in a crack between the driveway and sidewalk, and down I went.  Really!  I couldn't make this stuff up.  Mike was still in the car, and he said I just disappeared from view.  

I lay there for awhile trying to assess everything that hurt.  Shoulder, hip, knee and hand were all vying for my attention.  Fortunately I don't have any broken bones, but I do have some nice bruises to commemorate this little spill.  So the moral of the story?  Take your time and make multiple trips between the car and the house. Don't be a Diane!  OK, maybe I should take this hellraiser thing slowly!!!

Etched copper that will be forged into a cuff bracelet.


And in addition to contemplating turning 60, I've been keeping busy with jewelry class.  I am taking classes two days a week, and it's a blast. Oops, maybe that's not the right choice of words given that we are working with torches...  

Here is what I'm working on:

Hollow silver ring with flower petals.

Mike, Diane, Angie & Eric at Bru Burger on Mass Ave.

And there's been some great family time this past week.  My sister Angie and her family stayed with us a couple of days while they made several college visits.  We enjoyed hanging out with them and taking in the city...

Nephews Dane and Adam grooving with the Dancing Lady 

Dane biked 8 miles with me like it was nothing.  Holy cow!

As usual, I'll end with the sights and sounds around me.  Make no mistake.  It's definitely an interesting life!
Layers of clouds.


Foreboding sunset.

Red trail.

Pretty in pink.

Farmer with a sense of humor.

 And don't worry.  I'm being VERY CAREFUL as 60 races at me.  Keep your feet out of cracks I say!

Take care and have a great week!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment