Wednesday, August 29, 2012

It's finally here!


The big move day is finally here!  Two Men and a Truck (well, actually 4 men and 2 trucks) dwarf the tiny U-haul.






Why a U-haul, you ask?  There are some things the movers won't take, like plants.  I appreciate the hibiscus blooming for the occasion...



















Our U-Haul is a tribute to Neil Armstrong and his passing earlier this week.  This is certainly good karma along with the fact that we were able to find the St. Joseph statue we buried for good luck selling the house (lest you think I am totally off my rocker, try an Google search on St. Joseph and selling houses)...




As you might imagine, I labeled everything.  The movers were a bit shocked at this, and my thought was "doesn't everyone do this?".  


Ok, for those of you who know me, I really can't help myself!


Will the hot tub fit through the door?

It was the biggest concern-could they successfully move the hot tub?  For some reason the buyers didn't want the hot tub which meant the moving company had to move it... 






They used a "sled" to move the hot tub through the back yard to the truck.  My brain immediately went to "sleigh" and "come Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen..."  I must say this is the strangest thing I've seen in the backyard...





So we survived the packing.  We are tired and hurting and exhausted and elated about the big move!   We are ready to head the wagon train to Indy tomorrow.

Special thanks to a few people...Adrienne for pushing Two Men and a Truck, Emily for watching over the house the past few months including giving us the "scoop" on the buyers whom she met last week and for John taking care of the house in Indy!

Happy trails to you...♫

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment