Tuesday, January 29, 2013

On a lighter note

After writing about some "heavy" subjects in January, I thought it would be good to write about the fun times of family, friends, food and art...

We spent an evening with my niece Diane, her husband Andrew and daughter Alice.  It was great to catch up on how things are going with their new house, new job and life in Indy.














With friends Kevin and Kathy we went to a great little dive restaurant, Little Nugget, where we cooked our own steaks.  Awesome food!  We then headed to a local winery where we enjoyed a bottle of wine and listened to a great guitar player.  And Mike made friends with the winery cat...

















I took a painting class one evening last week where we used fabric paint on glass. You can pick up amazingly cheap glass at Goodwill.  The bottle with handles was only $1.00!
















I've also continued making purses.  Amazing how much easier it's getting the more purses I make...



























And I am working on a latch hook rug my mom made by framing it with a lighter yarn.  This is the first I've picked up a latch hook rug for 15 years...



And work on our house continues...

Mike set up our new workout area in the basement, and this morning I got back on the exercise bike.  At least it's something I can do while my foot is healing.  Of course to maximize space, Mike also stores all the music CD's and DVD's in this area in the basement...




And finally the recliner in my study has been re-upholstered.  It's like an old friend with more padding.  Turned out great!




And then we are having 59 degree days in January.  Life is good!

Take care and enjoy your week!
Diane


No comments:

Post a Comment