Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful

Sometimes life can drag you down a bit.  To say that this Fall has been stressful is a definite understatement.  My mom is battling lung cancer, Mike had a very stressful Fall quarter of teaching, and I am having surgery in December.  Lots of stuff on our minds.

And when I'm struggling, I try to remember this verse from Psalms:

"This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it."

When I think about this verse, I begin to focus on the things I'm thankful for, and some of the worries get pushed to the background.

On this Thanksgiving Day, I am thankful for so many things.

A loving, caring husband.
A great family that is pulling together to help with mom's health situation.
Wonderful friends who enjoy life with us.
Mike and I "chooglin" which comes from a John Fogerty song and means raucous good time.
The professionalism, skill, kindness and caring of health care providers.
Financial security and a roof over our heads.
My belief and trust in God.
Laughter.
The great beauty of nature.



















I hope you have a great Thanksgiving with loved ones.  And don't forget the thankful part...

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment