Saturday, January 5, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!

We enjoyed a wonderful New Year's Eve dinner with friends at the Possum Trot Restaurant near Danville, Illinois.  I know, I didn't want to eat there either after hearing the name, but the rack of ribs and pinot noir...Lovely!









We spent most of New Year's Day outdoors in a beautiful wooded property our friends just bought near Marshall, Illinois.  It was a cold, grey winter day, but we bundled up and enjoyed exploring the woods.  We hiked through the crunchy snow and found a beautiful creek at the back of the property.  I also experienced 4-wheeling in snow for the first time.  It was a blast!  We finished the day at Kim and Harley's house with a hot bowl of chili.  I can't think of a better way to start the new year!



Ok, Taylyr wasn't really driving...




Kevin, Mike and Kathy





The next day we built a little smorgasbord in the backyard for our feathered friends.  And they love it! Never saw so many birds and so few squirrels (none so far).

















We are resisting taking down the outdoor Christmas lights, but I notice the neighbors lights have been turned off.  I suppose we should at least turn them off.

Mike and I recently talked about our wishes for the new year.  Health for family, friends and ourselves was at the top of the list.   We are very happy to be closer to family, and look forward to great visits with family and friends.  Mike is excited about teaching at Rose-Hulman again in the Spring quarter.




And I look forward to writing, working in my studio and staying open to whatever new opportunities come my way.  And about the blogging, I think I'll keep going.  It's not exactly what I expected ( I thought I would be writing more about retirement stuff), but it's been such a great way to chronicle my daily life with a camera and a few words.  And when people tell me they smiled or laughed or enjoyed my writing, it's all worthwhile.  So thanks to my readers. I appreciate you joining me on this interesting new journey!

I hope you are excited about all the opportunities of the new year!
Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment