Thursday, November 14, 2013

Strange, wonderful and painful week!

Practicing my snow angel pose (hope the neighbors didn't see this)
It's been a wild ride of a week, that's for sure.

Fall put on an amazing display, and for some reason I couldn't pass up a chance to practice a snow angel in the front yard.















Little did I know that I could practice the real thing a couple of days later when we got our first (and very early) snowfall of the season.

I don't know, but it just doesn't seem right to see snow on bright fall colors...












And it's been an absolutely wonderful week from a writing perspective.

First of all, I want to thank Sydney for the amazing opportunity to write a post on her popular retirement blog.  I wrote an article, Top 10 List-How to Live Together 24x7 in Retirement, which you can find at Retired Syd@Retirement: A Full Time Job.

And thanks to her generosity, many new readers visited my blog this week!  Welcome to all the new readers!  I hope you will stop by often to see what's happening in my retirement world.




And now I can't get this phrase out of my head: "Pride goeth before the fall".  Well, after a week of floating on clouds with all the blog publicity, I took a fall.  Literally.



My newest attire
I did something kind of klutzy and stupid.  I fell while walking, actually slipping on a hickory nut.  You know I couldn't make that up...

I had an x-ray of my elbow, and nothing is broken, but I am VERY SORE.  In the words of the doctor, I "bruised the crap out it".  I have a sling for my arm, and I am taking pain pills to avoid wincing with every movement.

So, I am living proof of the dangers of simply walking down the street.  You just never know when a nut will land under your foot and quickly send you up into the air and down on the ground before you know it.  Hickory nuts, pecans or acorns.  All evil...


So it's been a strange, wonderful and painful week!  And I admit that on the day of the accident I forbid Mike to joke about my falling on a nut.  And being the sympathetic guy he is, all the jokes waited until the very next day...

Have a great and safe week!
Diane


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you Diane! That Syd is one smart cookie, and knows a good thing when she see's it.

    Me too! I've just published your 11/6 post on my blog. Thank you so much for agreeing to let me do so. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tamara, Thanks so much for including my writing on your blog! I appreciate your support as I navigate these retirement waters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story and I wanted to follow you but I am not on Google Friend connect. Do you have a FB page?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, Thanks for your comments! I saw on your blog that you have an email subscription section. I'll see if I can get this set up on my blog. Otherwise, I usually publish once a week on Tuesdays or Thursdays. I am also looking forward to reading your retirement blog

      Delete