Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fall delights

Every day Fall delights us, with a few surprises along the way...

Iron man with skeleton trophy at local bar




Our local trick or treating was moved to Friday because of heavy rainstorms.  So instead of handing out candy we attended costume contests at two local bars.  And Mike won first place.  TWICE!  Besides bragging rights, there were nice cash prizes.



Iron Man wins at the Slippery Noodle, legendary blues bar in Indy



Black Widow and Iron Man

Fall is a great time for biking at  Eagle Creek Park, and nature's paintbrush did not disappoint.

Eagle Creek Park



Deer looking at the strange bikers

Enjoying an 11 mile ride

Mike takes the lead!
Slow down for the vortex?

We traveled to southern Indiana last weekend to visit my mom.  On Saturday morning I was shocked to  look outside and see men and women in military uniforms walking on the road in front of the house.  My first thought was some type of insurgency, but turns out it was the ROTC Program at the University of Southern Indiana hosting the fifth annual Norwegian Road March. Eighty seven men and women carrying 25 pound backpacks on an 18 mile hike.  I don't know...just something I didn't expect to see.

Greeted by a rainbow after trudging in the rain

And I don't have to look any further than my backyard to see the most amazing colors...
Park bench dusted in yellow

Red frames the house

Color bursting through green
Confetti of color


After a lifetime of racing to and from work, I'm so grateful to have time to enjoy nature.  It's a retirement gift that I don't take for granted.

Have a great week! Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment